WHAT IS RESTORING WHOLENESS MINISTRIES?
RWM is a cross cultural, inter denominational counseling, support group and leadership training ministry aimed at addressing relational and sexual issues. We are built on the Gospel of Jesus Christ, The Ultimate Restorer of people. Our focus of ministry is to people affected by the following:
- Dysfunctional Families - a huge part of our identity, sexuality and character is formed while grouping up. All families are dysfunctional to a degree and ministering into this area helps us to form healthy homes as well as understand ourselves better.
- Shame - this is one of the greatest enemies of our lives. Shame causes us to disconnect from others, God and even ourselves. Shame enters our lives through various experiences such as sexual, physical and emotional abuse as well as other dysfunctional ways of relating. Uncovering the roots of shame and replacing it with God's truth is a key focus in all we do.
- Addictions - sexual and various behavioral addictions.
- Sexual Brokenness - We believe that a healthy adult heterosexuality is God’s original intent for our sexuality, and anything outside this relationship framework is a brokenness which can be restored.
- is to equip the Church to take the message of reconciliation, restoration, and redemption to those who seek healing through Jesus Christ from relational and sexual brokenness.
RWM for the Struggler:
- Why do I have to change? - you don't have to change. God loves you as you are. Your needs are legitimate. The way you satisfy them needs to change.
- What do I have to do? - You must be committed to your healing. You need to be willing to do all it takes to walk into victory. Be connected to a local church in which you feel safe. finding an accountability structure and healthy support system will also help you grow.
- How long will it take before I am healed? - that will depend on the individual. However long it takes, commitment is essential. Healing is a process and there are no 'quick-fix' remedies.
- Do I have to be a Christian? - we believe that ultimately, a faith in God and a relationship with His Son Jesus Christ is essential to the healing process.
- What if I am still involved in an unhealthy relationship? - the Word of God has the answers and it is important to seek the Truth by searching for them. We believe that it is important to surround ourselves with a healthy environment which will not to disrupt, distract or conflict that process.
RWM Board March 2019:
from left to right: Pastor Kai Eilert, Ken Winchester, Carol Wagstaff, Jason Caywood,
Brett Martin, Judi Thompson,
Jason Kennedy and Rev. Wynn Thompson.
RWM for the Church:
- We offer a comprehensive "LIFE Matters Leadership Equipping Course" to pastors, pastoral care workers, youth leaders, church counselors and lay workers.
- The goal is to help you understand and minister effectively to relationally and sexually broken people, of all ages and cultures, and provide that in a safe environment.
RWM for Family and Friends:
- How do I respond? - this is one of the first questions asked by family and friends when they find out that someone close to them struggles with sexual or relational brokenness.
- It is important not to reject the person. At this time they need your love and acceptance more than ever before. They need to feel safe talking to you.
- It is important to understand that we cannot control or change anyone. The moment we try, it causes the individual who is struggling to close up and turn away. The family also has a responsibility in the healing process.
- Restoring Wholeness is willing to help family and friends of people caught up in life controlling relational and sexual issues.
We Use The Following Tools Of Ministry:
- Christian Counselling
- Various courses on understanding ourselves and growing in our relationship with Christ.
- Support Groups
- Leader's Equipping Courses
- Gender Mentoring
- Help for Family & Friends